Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Show Notes: Flosstube #57

Hey y'all!! Thanks again for popping over to the blog for a better look at what I talked about this week! Here we go:


Best New Thing: Shine Lip Last

I'm wearing the shade Honor. Click on the picture for a link directly to the color and you can navigate from there. Use code: Eden10. (Hey Eden!!)


FFOs

  • Sweet as Hone by Durene Jones from Cross Stitcher, September 2017: 
    • Here's what it looked like last time: 
    • And here it is finished: 

This is going out to my partner in the Facebook Cross Stitch Card and ATC SAL group. I used most of the called for colors with a substitution here and there for ones I couldn't find and it's on a piece of 14 count printed Aida

This is an ALMOST FFO. I did all of the hand stitching and construction yesterday with EXTREME amounts of hand holding from Angel, Girl with a Needle.


All I have left to do is sew down the PINS piece and grab a piece of felt from Acorns & Threads to put next to PINS. This was a hugely satisfying finish!! 

Finishes
  • A Sheltering Tree from All Through the Night: 

I stitched this with one strand of DMC 4140 over two threads on Weeks Dye Works 40 (or maybe 36?) count Straw Linen. And here is my finish: 

This was a great stitch, a drop-everything-and-stitch stitch. Sometimes you gotta do that! 


WIPs (Works in Progress)
  • My one and only WIP this week is Here Lie My Needles from Shakespeare's Peddler: 
Here's what it looked like last time:

And here is what it looked like in today's video:

How AMAZING is that black border looking?!? It's actually Gentle Arts Black Coffee, which I probably need to get more of this week at Acorns & Threads.

I'm stitching with two of the called for flosses and everything else is a conversion to what I had in stash. For details on the conversion, see my Stitch With Me #20 Show Notes post.


Thrift Store Finds: 
  • One amazing picture frame: 

I'm thinking of putting Oh Whale from Hands on Design: (click on the picture to go to 123 Stitch)

Let me know what you guys think, will it work?! 

Purchases: (click on the pictures to shop)
  • eBay, Bent Creek Starry Starry Night WIP:

  • eBay, Bent Creek Snowbound chart (which I think I destashed not too long ago)

  • eBay, Silver Creek Samplers Promise of Spring

  • The Goode Huswife, The Wedding Sampler:

  • Neeldminders from Vikki, Stitch N Button on Flosstube, QnVikki on Etsy:
And Vikki is so amazing that she also sent me a scissors fob!! So I can "Put a bird on my scissors" lol

  • And, IT CAME!!! The Sally Spencer by Birds of a Feather:

I'm starting her TODAY as part of a SAL with all my ladies: Donna Rae, Lanette, Lorrie, Candy, Julie (see below for links to ALL of their Flosstubes)
  • Okay, it's May 1, so you know what that means: SARAH BRAIZEAR 1829!!!! 
I'm ridiculously excited about this sampler!! I'm going to pick up just a few of the Soie d'Alger (you KNOW I had to look up how to spell that) this Thursday at Acorns. 

Happy Mail

  • Sampler & Antique Needlework CD, Complete Collection 1991-2015!
  • Thea Gouverneur Bumblebee: 
  • Soda Stitch Aloha Sisters: 
  • Kathy Barrick Ann Smith Sampler: 


Flosstube Shoutouts: 
Books: 

  • No books this week but I'm reading something GREAT that should be done by next week! 


My Mani by Jamberry:
It's a combination of Wallflower (the floral), Blushing Marble (the pink under the floral), Black Cherry Gel, and Gel top coat. Love it? Buy it from my cousin Amanda. 



Outside Links:
Gulf Coast Stitches





No comments:

Post a Comment