Thursday, May 31, 2018

May WIPocalypse Update

How is it the end of May already? (Wait, is that how I started my April post too?) Anyway. Enough denial. Let's talk stitching.

May was a PROLIFIC month for me. I had seven finishes. SEVEN.  One was a WIPocalypse, one was a Maynia start, three were for swaps, and two were just for me. Wow. And the REALLY great thing is that I only started one thing in May that I didn't finish in May. Now there is an improvement for you!


So, what did I finish for WIPocalypse? One of my oldest WIPs! It's Stitchrovia's BeInkspired (it's actually called Be Inspired, but I like my title better):

It's available on Emma Congdon's Etsy store, Stitchrovia and you can click on the picture above to go directly to the listing. 

I started this on August 9, 2017 (thank goodness for spreadsheets) and finished it on May 28, 2018: 

I used almost all of the called for colors because Emma Congdon is a GENIUS with color. I did, however, make a few changes. The sailor girl and one of the hands I turned brown by using 436 and 835. Then, you may have noticed, I changed the word "Yourself" to say "Science". It's a sentiment that we appreciate here in this house. 

Here are some close ups: 




WIPocalypse Blog Prompt:

Each month, Melissa at Measi's Musings gives us a topic to muse (har har) on. This month's topic is: Where do you like to shop for stash?

Well, if you know me, you know I LOVE to enhance my stash!! My number one favourite place to do so is Acorns & Threads: 


I'm ridiculously lucky to have such an amazing LNS (only) a two hour drive away. I make it a point to get there on the first Thursday of every month for the Pacific Northwest Stitchers' stitch in. And I know I can call Jeannine for ANYTHING that I need and she will kit it up for me, order it for me, set it aside for me, or convert it to silks for me. 0_0 

Don't believe me? Call the shop: 503-292-4457

We can't all drive to Portland, I know... so for online shopping, my shop of choice is Gulf Coast Stitches

Julie can get you just about anything that you need, and if she can't get it right away, you had better believe that she will be looking for it till she finds it! The customer services is personable and kind and the shipping is FAST. 

Plus, she's my friend. <3



Plans for June? Well, the Eliza Bell Cox 1832 SAL is starting on June 1, yay!! Check out the Facebook group if you'd like to join or just follow along and watch the awesomeness. 

Other than that, more swaps! 

Thanks for stopping by WIPocalypsers! 


1 comment:

  1. I love all your May finishes. You certainly had a successful Stitchy month. I can't wait to see your Eliza piece come to life.

    I posted my Maynia results today. I love for you to take a look.
    http://logcabincrafts.blogspot.com/2018/05/stitch-maynia-results.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete