Sunday, May 27, 2018

Stitch With Me #25 Show Notes, May 25, 2018




Happy last Sunday in May! It's Sunday High Tea with Caroline at Off the Grid Needlearts, but rather than making a new start, I'm going for a finish on Be Inkspired by Emma Congdon (Stitchrovia) from the Summer 2017 issue of Cross Stitcher:

It's also on the Stitchrovia Etsy shop, so click on the picture to buy. 

 I super love this piece! It's not small but it really does stitch up fast if you use the Weasley method and stitch the black first. If you want to see them all, check out #TattooTuesdaySAL on Instagram.

At the start of the video: 


I'm stitching this 2/2 on a mystery 25 count linen (WHY am I doing 2/2 on 25?!?! AGAIN) that I picked up at the thrift store and hit with a little bit of Navy Rit to mottle it up with MOST of the called for flosses. My only changes were to the word "Yourself" to make it say "Science" instead and the skin tone on the sailor girl and one of the hands is now a combination of 436 (Latisha's base color) and 869. 

At the end of the video: 

I'm totally in love with this and I can't wait to have it finished!! 


Alzeheimer's Needleminders from Heather the Imperfectly Perfect Stitcher! 

Heather, the Imperfectly Perfect Stitcher on Flosstube and TheIPSNeedleminders on Etsy, is selling Alzheimer's Needleminders to support my Walk to End Alzheimer's in October. Here are her minders: (click on the picture to buy)

They're $7 and ALL $7 goes to my walk!! So THANK YOU Heather!!

Every October, the Alzheimer's Association hosts a walk and fundraiser in Eugene, Oregon. This year ours is on October 14. I didn't realize this till I was grabbing the link to the page this morning, but y'all, we are the HIGHEST SINGLE PERSON FUNDRAISER SO FAR THIS YEAR!!!

Thank you all SO MUCH for donating and helping find a cure for Alzheimer's!!

And speaking of finding a cure, here's the graphic that I found that shows how much of our money goes to research vs administration: 

That's 77% of all funds straight to care, support, research, awareness, and advocacy! I can get behind that! 

If you'd like to donate directly to my walk without buying a needleminder, go ahead and click on this picture: (because we all walk together)


  • The fall retreat is Nov 2-4 with events at the store and ALL the stitching at the Oregon Bar Association. Cost is $180 with $65 non-refundable deposit due at sign up. 
  • Call the shop to register: 503-292-4457
  • Email the shop to register: http://www.acornsandthreads.com/orders/
  • There are 60 total spots and only 31 (or so!) are taken!! Get your retreat on with us at Acorns!

WIPocalypse

It's a phenomenon, started by Melissa at Measi's Musings. Here is the link to the explanation page.

And the WIPocalypse SAL Facebook group is pretty fun too! 

Get the app: Bloglovin' (click on the picture to get the app)

Flosstube Mentions:


Outside links:








No comments:

Post a Comment