Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Show Notes: Flosstube #59

Hey y'all!! Welcome back to the blog! Here's your close up of what I talked about ths week:



Best New Thing: I have two this week!


  • McKenna (@mckenna.esh99 on Instagram), gorgeous and kind daughter of Deb of Country Stitchers sent me a PuraVida Bracelet! (click on the link to shop and use code: MCKENNAESHELMAN20): 
***Use code MAMAMIA for at least 10% off, maybe more!***

Here's an Amazon Shopping link to get my mug: (just click on the picture)


FFOs: none

Finishes: 

  • Fancey Blackett, By the Light of the Moon by Pineberry Lane: 
I stitched it once for a swap:

And it was so much fun that I stitched it again for myself:  

Those are both on the same fabric, but I stitched the brighter green one with one strand of the called for DMC over one thread and the second one I stitched 2/2 and dipped the fabric in Tan Rit first. I love them both!! 


WIPs (Works in Progress)
  • My first WIP this week is the Sally Spencer Sampler, started on May 1:

Here is what it looked like last week:

And here is what it looks like now: 

I'm stitching with none of the called for colors on a random piece of 25 count greenish linen. The full conversion is on my Stitch With Me #22 Show Notes post.

  • The next WIP for this week is my HAED, Alice Under the Dreaming Tree: 

Here is what it looked like last time, with two full pages plus a bit completed:


And here is where I am now:


That's a little under 5000 stitches so far on page 3. I'm stitching 2/1 tent stitch with DMC on 28 count Lambswool Lugana from Wichelt (purchased at Hobby Lobby). The goal for this month is to catch up on the 'By the Numbers' challenges in the FB Full Coverage Fanatics group and I've already caught up with January and February, YAY!

  • My last WIP this week is a new start, and it's for The Great Biscornu Swap hosted by Jennifer Upton. I'm stitching the Butterfly Biscornu from Tiny Modernist on Etsy, it's part of her monthly Biscornu series: 
I'm in pretty good shape; my colors are a bit different because I used the DMC I had on hand rather than hunting down the called for colors:

I'm stitching this on 30 count Apple Brown linen that was a gift.


Thrift Store Finds: 
  • I went to an Estate Sale and found a great box:

I'm going to stitch up Summer Splendor by Barbie's Petal Pusher: (click on the pic to buy it!)

and finish it into a small for the exchange at Stitch Con as seen on Michelle R's (farm girl) May Retreat Video. Or I'm going to have JoLyn at Acorns & Threads finish it for me...
  • Some beautiful lace trimmed pieces: 
  • And a great bag of trim: 

Purchases: (click on the pictures to shop)
  • Brooke's Books newest Princess dress, Sleeping Beauty:  
    Rose FREAKED OUT! So I'll be stitching this for her. Definitely. 
  • Attic Needlework Facebook page purchases: (clickable pictures are shoppable pictures)
    • Raise the Roof Libertyville Series: 
    • Notforgotten Farm Widow's Weeds: 
    • Blackbird Designs My Gift to You: 
    • By the Bay Needleart Spring Cove: 
    • Homespun Elegance Ltd It's Keen to Go Green: 
    • Shakespeare's Peddler Measure by Measure: 
    • The Sampler Girl On Any Shore With You: 
    • Jeannette Douglas Designs Spring Stitches: 
    • Queenstown Sampler Designs Rosina Payne c. 1834: 
    • Brightneedle Charted Designs Key West Sampler: 
    • Raise the Roof Designs Bubba's Bail Bonds: 
    • Michael Powell Wedding Sampler I Kit: 
    • Raise the Roof Designs Snow Daddy: 
    • Prairie Moon Flower Waltz: 
    • Prairie Moon Moon Dance: 
    • Prairie Moon All Around the May Pole: 
    • Prairie Moon Hana: 
    • Prairie Moon Our Best Yet: 
    • Prairie Moon Wanderland the Game: 


Happy Mail
  • From Deb at Country Stitchers, Exampler by Kingsland: 
  • From Anne P, pass the stash of Bowl Full of Scaries, Scary One by Plum Street Samplers: 
    • And for you, all the giveaway charts!

Flosstube Shoutouts: none this week, watching all the Maynia!

Books: none this week

Outside Links:
Bewitched Stitches on Facebook
Acorns & Threads
Full Coverage Fanatics on Facebook
Love You More Kindle Covers on Etsy
StoneStreet Stitch Etsy
StoneStreet Stitchers on Facebook


1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle, just wanted you to know I was here. Looking for infor on the royal wedding sal. My searches are coming up blank. will watch your youtube again to see what I missed.

    ReplyDelete