Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Flosstube #61 Show Notes

Happy Last Tuesday in May everyone!! Here's a closer view (complete with links!) of what I talked about this week:


Best New Thing: 

My mug: 

  • It's my Dunkin Donuts Maine Mug from Pam & Steph: (click on the picture to buy from my Amazon Associates)

FFOs:
  • Garden Cross Stitch ATC for the Facebook ATC and Card Swap group. It's from Better Homes & Gardens Cross Stitch & Needlework August 1996 issue: 

 I took an excerpt from the Berry Sampler:

And here is my finish:


Finishes: 

  • It's the Sally Spencer samper from Birds of a Feather, started May 1: (click the picture to buy)
Here's where it was last week: 

And I finished it:

I was SO CLOSE last week, it only took another two or three hours after the video to finish it all up. I'm in love. And I found the PERFECT frame at the thrift store: 

I stitched it with none of the called for colors on a random piece of 25 count greenish linen. The full conversion is on my Stitch With Me #22 Show Notes post.
  • BeInkspired by Stitchrovia from the Summer 2017 issue of Cross Stitcher Magazine: 
The chart is available from the Stitchrovia Etsy Store:

Here is my version: 
It's stitched on a 25-ish count linen that I found by the bolt at a thrift store and dyed with a bit of Navy Rit. I used most of the called for colors, except I changed the skin color on one hand and the sailor girl. They are stitched in 436 (Latisha's base color) and 835 for the shadows. 

I also changed the center word from "Yourself" to "Science" 


WIPs (Works in Progress)
  • I actually haven't started anything since last night when I finished BeInkspired!! 

Purchases: 
  • eBay purchase of an old, dirty, smelly sampler (don't worry, it was cheap): 

Thrift Store Finds: 


  • A little kit from Needlecraft Hawaii called Ohia Lehua: 
If you're interested in the leged of the Ohia Lehua and you'd like a better version than my fumbly one, check this out:

And here is a poi pounder: 

  • A gorgeous Dimensions chart called Flower of the East: 
Don't look for that on the destash page; I'll be stitching it. =D

  • a random bag of trim: 

  • And a REALLY great something for finishing: 
Happy Mail/Gifts
  • Pass the Stash/gifts from Amy H at Amylovestoads: 

    That little pillow is from Amy's own stitching of the A Walk in the Woods piece. She didn't like it so she made tiny pillows!!

Some for me and some to give away.



Books: 

5 stars. I loved this book. It's about a guy named Shadow whose life is ruined on the day before he's scheduled to be released from jail. It's about the man who offers Shadow a job; just call him Wednesday. It's about a series of murders in a small town. It's about coming to America. It's fantastic.


Outside Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment