Thursday, May 17, 2018

Swap Finishes!!

Y'all. I may have signed up for too many swaps lately.... lol. I definitely did!! But no worries, I'm getting myself together and I have two already shipped, two FFO'd today, and "only" four more to go!! Woohoo!!

First up, in order of deadline, is the Dixie Samplar Merry Unbirthday Pynkeep Exchange in the Dixie Samplar Exhange Group on Facebook. It's run by the incomparable Terri of Dixie Samplar and I'm there because Lynda Jo, Pretty Southern, (one of my absolute FAVES) showed me her exchanges!

So, after reading about my partner's preferences, I decided to go with Fancey Blackett, By the Light of the Moon by Pineberry Lane:

But because that is WAY to big as charted (153x97 I think) to be a pynkeep, I "condensed" everything and stitched it 1/1 with the called for DMC on a mystery bright green fabric (per my partner's preference and I came up with this: 

And to make it more "Bendy" (lol), I FFO'd it onto a decorative metal butter dish from the thrift store and added some lace that I picked up at an estate sale: 


I have some GREAT clay beads from Vikki, StitchNButton on Flossstube and QnVikki on Etsy, and I'm going to make her ask her to teach me how to turn them into pins. Yay! This one is due on May 25 so I'm well ahead of schedule, yay! 


The second swap that I finished is my biscornu for The Great Biscornu Swap hosted by Jennifer Upton

For this swap, the theme is Spring and I'm stitching the May Butterfly Biscornu from Tiny Modernist on Etsy

Mine is stitched on 30 count Apple Blossom linen (from Wichelt? I'm not sure!) in MOSTLY the called for colors. I used DMC 991 in place of 993 and 3712 and 3706 in place of the called for 3700s for the pinks because I had certain colors handy and other colors not handy. Here is how mine ended up: 

How CUTE are these little birds?!? 



I used alternating dark pink and dark green beads around the edges. It's the first time I've done that and it went really well so I'll definitely do it again.  

This swap is due June 1, so I'm quite ahead of schedule. I need to gather some extras and get everything wrapped prettily and packaged up and sent off to my partner. 

Next up is a bit of selfish stitching before I go on to my garden themed ATC for the Facebook Cross Stitch ATC and Card SAL group and my Brenda Gervais for the Midwest Cross Stitchers' First EVER Secret Stitcher Exchange!! 

Thanks for stopping by and keep sprinkling that stitchy kindness! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment