Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Show Notes: Flosstube #58

Hey y'all!! Welcome back to the blog! Here's your close up of what I talked about ths week:



Best New Thing: Heather the Imperfectly Perfect Stitcher and Alzheimer's Needleminders!

Heather and I teamed up (it was totally her idea... I'm just talking it up!) to sell Alzheimer's Needleminders and raise money for my walk! Here's the video:

And you can click on this picture to go to her Etsy store and buy the needleminders: 

Go watch Heather, like her videos, and subscribe. =)

FFOs: none

Finishes: none 


WIPs (Works in Progress)
  • My first WIP this week is Here Lie My Needles from Shakespeare's Peddler: 
Here's what it looked like last time:

And here is what it looked like in today's video:


How AMAZING is that black border looking?!? It's actually Gentle Arts Black Coffee, which I probably need to get more of this week at Acorns & Threads.

I'm stitching with two of the called for flosses and everything else is a conversion to what I had in stash. For details on the conversion, see my Stitch With Me #20 Show Notes post.

  • Next up is the Sally Spencer Sampler, started on May 1: 
I'm stitching with none of the called for colors on a random piece of 25 count greenish linen. The full conversion is on my Stitch With Me #22 Show Notes post. Here's my progress:

  • Next WIP is Leia & Han from Tilton Crafts, started on May the Fourth: 
And here is my progress:

It doesn't look like much, but it's a shoulder. I'm stitching it in all of the called for DMC colors on a piece of 28-ish count linen that I picked up in a bolt at St. Vinnie's. 

  • Last WIP for this week is my HAED, Alice Under the Dreaming Tree: 
Here is what it looked like last time, with two full pages completed:

And here is where I am now: 

That's about 2650 stitches so far on page 3. I'm stitching 2/1 tent stitch with DMC on 28 count Lambswool Lugana from Wichelt (purchased at Hobby Lobby). The goal for this month is to catch up on the 'By the Numbers' challenges in the FB Full Coverage Fanatics group. 


Thrift Store Finds: 
  • Did I not GO to the thrift store this week?!?! I didn't!! 

Purchases: (click on the pictures to shop)
  • Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe Limited Edition colors for May: 

  • Plum Street Samplers, Heritage Sampler WIP from Lynda Jo: 
She's stitching this 2/2 on 36 count fabric with all of the called for colors, so I will be doing the same!
  • Martha Agnes Sampler Roll from Stacey Nash Primitives: 
  • Prairie Schooler Prairie Fairies: 
Ignore the pumpkins. I bought the other three. These were stitched by Darleen B and finished by JoLynn at Acorns & Threads. I want mine JUST like that!
  • We all know and love Sarah Braizear from Hands Across the Sea:
And when I was at Acorns & Threads, Jeannine mentioned that she is going to convert hers to overydyed silks, so I HAD to get the Glorianas!

I LEGIT cannot wait to start that. Any guesses on what the fabric is? I think I need to just call the shop. 
  • Bucilla Ready to Stitch canvases from Walmart Clearance:


Happy Mail

  • From Tasha for Giveaways/to keep: 

  • From Leslie H for Borrows, Blackbird Designs In Friendship's Way: 


  • Giant box of giveaway goodies.
    Here's what I'm keeping: Little House Needleworks, Autumn Spice Victoria Sampler, Ocean Boulevard Victoria Sampler, Strawberry Fields Farm

  • Linda Coles: 
    EAP Needleminder, EAP The Raven from 1845, donut towel, Littlest Pet Shop creatures for Rose


Flosstube Shoutouts: 
Books: 
I gave this book a 4/5. It was REALLY interesting when Solange was discovering her Grandmother Marte and when Marte was telling stories about her past. Marte wasn't always likeable; she could be a cold, self-indulgent, narcissist. But she was fascinating!! Solange was always likeable. And the male characters, while they took a back seat and were fairly one-dimensional, were well written. The ending was a bit abrupt for me and felt like a "summary" of the rest of Solange's life, which I didn't love, but it didn't spoil the overall experience for me.
    Here's an article about the Apartment from The Daily Beast. 

    And here's a short YouTube video about the contents. 





    Outside Links:
    Gulf Coast Stitches
    Acorns & Threads
    The IPS Needleminders on Etsy
    MKissaCreations on Etsy
    FibergeekCreations on Etsy
    Full Coverage Fanatics on Facebook
    Lone Star Mercantile on Etsy
    Tasha on Instagram
    Bewitched Stitches on Facebook
    Satsuma Street on Etsy
    A Stitcher's Book Club on Goodreads





    2 comments:

    1. Love all the things! Thanks for keeping me company while I stitched today.

      I'm doing my own version of Maynia, it fits in the HAED Maynia category. If you'd like to see it, please visit logcabincrafts@blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. Found your blog. :) Have been loving visiting with you on flosstube. Your little group of ladies at Acorns and threads reminds me of the group I joined for the time I was in USA in 2004 for a few months till I came home. That shop has since closed but last year when we came over to celebrate 50 years of writing to my Pen Pal I caught up with some of those ladies at Littlecreek Needleworks for an afternoon of stitching before our flight home. I`m enjoying seeing what you are working on. Also I have my `Here Lie My Needles`pattern,threads but yet to sort linen to start stitching.

      ReplyDelete