Sunday, May 20, 2018

Stitch With Me #24 Show Notes





Happy Sunday (again)! Today on my Stitch With Me video I worked on the Sally Spencer Sampler  from Birds of a Feather. (click on the pic to purchase)



 I super love this sampler! It's small, 156x156! But it takes a WHILE! (worth it)  It was my start for May 1 with SO many wonderful stitchers. <3 <3 we're doing it for the #MustangSallySampler SAL on Instagram

At the start of the video: 


I'm stitching this 2/2 on a mystery 25 count linen (WHY am I doing 2/2 on 25?!?!) with exactly none of the called for flosses. See below the second picture for my conversion. 

At the end of the video: 

I'm totally in love with this sampler and I cannot wait to finish it and frame it!! <3 

My Sally Spencer Conversion:
  • GA Buckeye Scarlet (DMC 321) --> VMSS Garden Rose
  • GA Black Crow (DMC 310) --> WDW Mascara
  • GA Brethren Blue (DMC 501) --> C&C Sherwood
  • GA Melon Patch (DMC 758) --> VMSS  Tahital Floral
  • GA Buttermilk (DMC 3823) --> WDW Parchment
  • GA Tropical Ocean (DMC 598) --> VMSS Coastal Seaweed

GA = Gentle Arts
VMSS = Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe
C&C = Colour & Cotton
WDW = Weeks Dye Works

Royal Wedding Chat!!!

My highlight from the wedding was Harry & Megan's kiss on the steps of St. George's Chapel: 

And her dress, from Givenchy!!! WOW!!

With Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau tiara!!!

I wanted her to wear the Strathmore Rose Tiara that the Queen Mother wore on her wedding day, but I was wrong: 
(that's a Photoshop, not mine)

The Sapphire Bandeau Tiara was a gift to Queen Mary and was specifically made to hold her sapphire brooch and also allow the brooch to be removed and worn alone: 

And Harry, Gingeriffic!!
I was just not digging Wills' red jacket. I know there's history there, but Harry's black jacket was just BETTER. #notsorry

Here is the sampler that I didn't buy yet: 
It's Elizabeth Biggs 1833 by Gigi R. The Glorianas are the beginnings of Jeannine's conversion. 
FAN-TAS-TIC!!!

Harbor Haven SAL from By the Bay: 



  • The fall retreat is Nov 2-4 with events at the store and ALL the stitching at the Oregon Bar Association. Cost is $180 with $65 non-refundable deposit due at sign up. 
  • Call the shop to register: 503-292-4457
  • Email the shop to register: http://www.acornsandthreads.com/orders/
  • There are 60 total spots and only 31 are taken!! Get your retreat on with us at Acorns!!!


I'm going to have Bird Study finished by Vonna!!! 

Here is the link to her blog: https://thetwistedstitcher.blogspot.com/ and you'll find all of the contact information for her finishing business there. 

Brooke's Books Sleeping Beauty: 

Jeannine's Gloriana Conversion for Sarah Braizear so far: 

  • Gloriana 264 Wooly Bear for AVAS 4536 (using the same color in Tudor Silk for the 1/1 areas)
  • Gloriana 045 Lacquered Gold for AVAS 526
  • Gloriana 276 Tacna Gold for AVAS 3815
  • Gloriana 275 Sassy Green for AVAS 2145
  • Gloriana 274 Tanager Green for AVAS 3725


My favourite sign for goods and services: 



Flosstube Mentions:
Outside links:






No comments:

Post a Comment