Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Flosstube #62 Show Notes

Happy first Tuesday in June everyone!! Here's a closer view (complete with links!) of what I talked about this week:


Best New Thing: there are THREE!
To get in on this, send an email to stitchinmisfits@gmail.com with your name, your recipe, a pic if you have it, and a little story about yourself and your recipe. Don't forget to include your Flosstube/Instagram handle! Here's an example:

  • Alzehimer's Needleminders from Heather, TheIPSNeedleminders on Etsy. Since Gary and Christine talked about Heather's needleminders on FiberTalk, they're FLYING out of her Etsy shop!! (click on the picture to purchase one!)

  • SAL ALERT!!! Stephanie of LindyStitches just released the MOST amazing sampler, Birds to the Boughs: (click on the picture to purchase)
Heather, The Imperfectly Perfect Stitcher, and I are hosting a SAL on Facebook. We don't start till June 24, so don't worry, you have time. Join us on the Facebook group here:

My mug: 

  • I didn't even mention it! But it's my FANTASTIC "Eat More Hole Foods" donut mug from Danielle Stitcherista: (click on the picture to buy from my Amazon Associates)


FFOs:


  • Next up is my BeInkspired piece by Stitchrovia, I framed it in an IKEA frame that I already had around the house and it came out GREAT: 
The chart is available from the Stitchrovia Etsy Store

  • Sally Spencer is not only done but it's FRAMED: 

That's a $2.99 thrift store frame!! YES! I stitched it with none of the called for colors on a random piece of 25 count greenish linen. The full conversion is on my Stitch With Me #22 Show Notes post.

I sittched this with the called for colors on 14 count Aida in Mushroom and also in Brown.


Finishes: 
I'm stitching this for the #GingerGeraldSmallsSAL on Instagram. And heres' my version:

I stitched this on 30 ct Weeks Dye Works linen in Putty with a skein of Mo's Sale cotton floss in the colorway Saints. I'm going to stitch it again in the called for colors. And then I'm going to stitch the Old Fashioned Water Tower: (click on the picture to purchase)

WIPs (Works in Progress)
  •  Stars & Stripes by Brenda Gervais: 
I'm stitching mine on a random linen from my stash with (again) none of the called for flosses. Here is my progress:

My conversion is as follows:
  • GA Adobe = DMC 945
  • WDW Schneckley = WDW Chestnut
  • WDW Sage = WDW Wood Smoke
  • WDW Caper = WDW Juniper
  • GA Harvest Basket = C&C Golden Mum
  • GA Woodrose = DMC 3722
  • GA Roasted Marshmallow = GA Fudge Ripple
  • GA Heirloom Gold = GA Walnut
  • GA Endive = DMC 3012
  • CC Blue Corn = GA Midnight
  • CC Ye Old Gold = VMSS Americana Bronze
GA = Gentle Arts
WDW = Weeks Dye Works
CC = Classic Colorworks
C&C = Colour & Cotton 
VMSS = Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe
  • Eliza Bell Cox 1832 from Hands across the Sea! (click on the picture to purchase from Julie at Gulf Coast Stitches):
I got the WORKS for this sampler: fabric and floss from Nancy at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe, grime guard from Vikki at Stitch N Button, project bag from Made by Mama Joan, and needleminder from Heather at TheIPSNeedleminders. It's a fully curated experience.

Here is my progress after a few days of stitching 1/1 on 46 count linen (my first time!!)

And, because we're all human..... 

I will NOT be fudging that. Eliza wouldn't have "fixed" it and neither will I. Plus, what would Theresa say? 

Purchases: 
  • Ladies' Prim Society from Dyeing to Stitch, the First Winds of Autumn by Blackbird Designs: 

    I cannot WAIT to start this. But, let's be honest, I REALLY need to finish something first!! 

  • From Julie at Gulf Coast Stitches: June floss club: 
Also picked up the Blackbird Designs Home for the Holidays book: (click on the picture to purchase)
And Basket of Red, White, and Blue from Shakespeare's Peddler, Theresa, Kitten Stitcher: (click on picture to purchase from Jen's Stitching Niche on Etsy)


You can purchase them directly from Ariani on her Instagram, just comment on the photos that she posts!

You can also purchase these directly from Devi on Instagram by commenting on HER photos

Thrift Store Finds: (none this week)


Happy Mail/Gifts
  • Postcard art from Beth: 

  • Lila's Studio Bee Sampler courtesy of my home girl Lollypop Stitches: (click on picture to purchase from 123stitch)

  • And then Lila threw in Dinah's Garden Strawberries: (click to purchase from 123stitch)


  • And a BOATLOAD of donated charts from Juile Gulf Coast Stitcher to sell for my Alzheimer's Walk (I may have to do another Flosstube live to sell these!!)
Plus I kept a few for myself. =D



Flosstube Shoutouts: (none this week)


Books: (no finishes this week)


Outside Links:


1 comment:

  1. Would you be willing to sell? trade? barter? exchange? first winds of autumn

    ReplyDelete