Sunday, June 17, 2018

Stitch With Me #27 Show Notes

Happy Father's Day! Here are a couple of pics of my dad and I (because you were probably wondering):
This was WAY more than 6 years ago.... I think it was more like 15 years ago.... Our first trip to In-N-Out. 

This may have been 6 years ago, because it was pre-Rose. Maybe even 7 years ago. It's at Pearl Harbor.


Anyway, this week I worked on In Lieu of Flowers from Prairie Moon. Definitely OOP and HTF and NFAA (not fair at all):

Here is where it was when we started the video: 


I'm stitching this 1/2 on 32 count Stitches and Spice linen that came with it when I bought it at Stitchers' Paradise in Las Vegas with a surprising number of the called for flosses. See below for my stitch from stash conversion.

At the end of the video: 

I'm totally in love with this and I can't wait to have it finished!! 

Here is my conversion: 
  • WDW Snowflake --> TW 011231
  • WDW Island Breeze --> SM Calypso
  • WDW Envy --> C&C Evergreen
  • WDW Kris' Bon Bon --> WDW Chestnut
  • WDW Juniper --> same
  • WDW Kentucky Bluegrass --> same
  • WDW Sweet Potato --> WDW Chrysanthemum
  • WDW Chesapeake --> DMC 500
  • WDW Tigers Eye --> VMSS Americana Bronze
  • WDW Mascara --> same
  • WDW Turquoise --> same
  • WDW Curry --> same
  • WDW Honeysuckle --> SM Between the Shadows
  • WDW Pumpkin --> same


WDW = Weeks Dye Works
TW = ThreadWorks
SM = Ship's Manor
C&C = Colour & Cotton
VMSS = Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe


What I'm planning to take to StitchCon: 
  • Stacey Nash Primitives: Martha Agnes 
I have fabric picked out for this one. It's a bit darker than the picture so I may invert the colors. 0_0 

  • Birds to the Boughs from Lindy Stitches (Stephanie): 
I have my fabric for this one narrowed down to two choices, so I'll floss toss this week and decide. 

  • One current WIP, probably Quotes to Live By: 


Do you want to stitch Toasty Tardis?
Click on the picture above for a direct link to the listing. Or you can check out the entire store, Mandarink's Designs. Be careful though, you're going to need it ALL!! 


Have you seen Theresa's (KittenSticher, Shakespeare's Peddler) new EXCLUSIVE design? 

Now you want it too, right? It comes with the Pashmina from Gloriana AND that handmade strawberry!! "but it's out of stock!" I hear you saying. Never fear. You can message Theresa through her website, www.kittenstitcher.com, or message her on Instagram (@kittenstitcher) and let her know you want to put your name on a list--she reordered enough to kit up 100!! No deposit required, just tell her Bendy sent you. ;-)

So, I'm thinking about stitching Fraktur Friends from Shakespeare's Peddler: (click on the picture to buy from Jen's Stitching Niche on Etsy)

Linda Spalding suggested stitching this on navy blue linen and that's absolutely GENIUS!! Because Leslie from Under the Sea Fabrics will be at Stitch Con as a vendor I'm SURE I can score the chart from Keepsakes and then fabric from Leslie. 


Flosstube Mentions:


Outside links:
In case anyone ever wonders, here is my glamorous Stitch With Me set up: 


See you Tuesday!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment