Friday, April 27, 2018

Friendship is a Sheltering Tree

Sometimes you just need to drop everything and stitch a thing. This is what happened with Friendship is a Sheltering Tree by All Through the Night. Jay of Mortuary Stitches (on Flosstube) sent this chart to me AGES ago! This seemed like the time to stitch it.

And I didn't waste ANY time!! I started this piece on 24-April-2018 and put the signature on it on 28-April-2018. WHAT!

It's stitched one strand over two on 40 count Weeks Dye Works linen with DMC 4140. I have to say, I need to take a closer look at the DMC variegated flosses! This one was great to work with.

Big thanks to Jeannine at Acorns & Threads and Lisa Kindred Stitcher for helping me choose fabric and floss.

Here are my (few!) daily progress photos:


Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4


 Isn't it crazy how much the lighting changes fabric and floss?

I think I can get ONE MORE APRIL FINISH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment