Sunday, April 22, 2018

Show Notes: Stitch with Me #20

Happy Sunday!! Today on the Stitch with Me video I worked on Here Lie My Needles by Shakespeare's Peddler:

Here's what mine looks like:

I'm stitching this on 14-ish count fabric that I found by the YARDS at an estate sale. It may or may not be Heatherfield?  And since I only had two of the called for colors, here is my conversion:

WDW Havana ---> WDW Oak
GA Avocado ---> WDW Oscar
WDW Loden ---> WDW Moss
GA Grasshopper ---> same
WDW Confederate Grey ---> Mo's Sale Hagrid
GA Old Hickory ---> WDW Pecan
WDW Olive ---> WDW Sage
GA Linen ---> Ship's Manor Between the Shadows
WDW Dirt Road ---> WDW Chestnut
WDW Schneckley ---> Colour & Cotton Golden Ale
WDW Charcoal ---> GA Black Coffee
WDW Baked Apple ---> Colour & Cotton Gingerbread
GA Shakeer White ---> WDW Fawn
GA Raspberry Frost ---> Colour & Cotton Fig
WDW Red Pear ---> same
GA Old Red Paint ---> WDW Aztec Red

There's a SAL for this!! On Instagram it's #GCSHereLieMyNeedlesSAL and the facebook group is called Here Lie My Needles SAL. It's not too late to join (it never is!) so get your chart here: https://www.gulfcoaststitches.com/product-page/here-lie-my-needles

Go buy Jamie Chalmers' Book: The Mr. X-Stitch Guide to Cross Stitch:


Swaps that I talked about:


SALs that I talked about: (click on the pictures to buy!)
  • May 1, Sally Spencer by Birds of a Feather with Lanette from Homesteading on the Homefront, Donna Rae from Flannel Jammies Farm, and Lorrie from Mischevious Stitches
  • May 4, Leia & Han by Tilton Crafts with Andrea Stitches in Colorado
  • May 8, Two Bees and ABCs by Rosewood Manor with Laura & Nancy, the Addicted Sisters
     
  • May 15, Black Heart by Kathy Barrick with @aimeebaruch 
  • May 19, Royal Wedding SAL, stitch anything you want! I'm going with the StoneStreet Stitchworks freebie, with Dawn Frosty X-Stitch, Kerry in Stitches, and Diana itiskismet
  • June 1, Eliza Bell Cox 1832 Hands Across the Sea with Julie and everyone in the Eliza Bell Cox 1832 FB Group
  • Labor Day, Tis the Season by Blackbird Designs with Lanette, Donna Rae, Holly & Anita, and more: 
  • Turkey the World SAL with Sarah Marie. I'm going to stitch Thomas by Notforgotten Farm (I think!)


Retreats that I talked about:


Flosstubers that I talked about:


No comments:

Post a Comment