Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Flosstube #67 Show Notes

Happy Tuesday, July 17! I'm full on now. Whew!

Best New Thing: 
  • Jessie Marie Does Stuff's Flosstube Anniversary SAL: #JMDSTurns5 on Instagram
    • July 29: Something that starts with J. I'll be working on my Jeannette Douglas 'My Stitching Box' project; either the box top or the sampler:


    • July 30: Something that starts with M. I'll be working on the Master and the Macabre from the Cricket Collection:
    • July 31: Something that starts with D. I'll be working on Dona Stitch's Alice in Wonderland: 

    • August 1: Something that starts with S. I'll be working on Skeleton Crew by the Cricket Collection: 

    • August 2: Happy Flosstubiversary Jessie Marie Does Stuff!! Stitch on anything you want! 0_0 



My mug: 


FFOs: (nothing YET!)

Finishes: 
  • Stacey Nash Primitives, Martha Agnes Sampler Roll Pocket: (click the pic to purchase from StacyNash on Etsy): 
I finished the sampler portion this week!! With a little help from my friends:

It's stitched on 18 count Long Coffee Aida by xJuDesign on Etsy. 

And the pocket is the winged chicken. Here's mine:

This is headed to Acorns & Threads next week for soft finishing! 


WIPs (Works in Progress)
I'm stitching mine with all of the called for DMC on a piece of fabric dyed for me (like a YEAR ago!) by the lovely Andrea Stitches in CO. And here is my progress as of last week:

And here it is now: 

HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE THIS?!?! I'm obsessed with it. OBSESSED. I'm stitching it on a 30 count linen that's hand dyed by Andrea Stitches in CO with all of the called for DMC colors.


Thrifting: 
  • Heirloom Santa kits: Solar Santa and Baker Santa

  • Vintage Tiara Indiana Glass Honey Bee Skep Candy/Soap dish: 


  • Crazy estate sale haul from Christina's Estate Sales. This haul has its own video. But here is my highlight piece: It's an FFO of Judith Kirby's Victorian's House Number 9: 
     

Purchases: 
  • Scarf and bag from Vikki, StitchNButton on Etsy: 
  • TWO shop models, personal shopped for me by Amber. 
    • It's Witches Stitch Too by Homespun Elegance: 
    • And this one is All is Calm by Little House Needleworks:
       
  • July's Colour & Cotton
I love them all, but I will trade anyone any floss for Fall Spice! 
  • Julie McConnell's own conversion of Fraktur Flowers by La Di Da: 
I saw her conversion on her Flosstube and absolutely fell in love with it. So I asked her to kit it up for me and she did and it's FANTASTIC:


Happy Mail/Gifts: 
  • From Lisa: Colour & Cotton Kalamata to finish Martha Agnes AND Chessie & Me's Mighty Oak Sampler: 
  • From Tina, @emilyannskloset on Instagram, Jardin Prive Halloween Quaker and Brenda Gervais Needleworker's Sampler:
  • And items for the Alzheimer's sale!! 









Books: (no finishes this week)


Instagram Auction Items!!
  • Auction will take place today through Tuesday, July 24 at 0600 PST on @michellebendy on Instagram. Here's an amazing diagram describing how to bid: 
Under the picture of the item that you'd like to purchase, you put your bid in $1 increments AND you tag the person who bid above you. Only the person who bid DIRECTLY above you!

  • Here are the winners of last week's auctions: 
    • Mama Joan bag, the Purple Flower Esprit Maison: (click on the pic to purchase from Mama Joan) won by Trish!


    • DiddlyDaddleDesigns Project bag SET with needleminder: won by Jan Hicks of Jan Hicks Creates!!

    • BONUS!!! Clay by Kim "Fruitfly" needleminders, set of 4: won by Julie from Gulf Coast Stitches! 

  • New items this week!
    • Mirabilia's Autumn stitched by Jamie Nelson on a custom dyed piece of 28 count fabric from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie: 
    • Mirabilia's Coral Charms Mermaid stitched by Jamie Nelson on a piece of 28 count Fiberlicious fabric in Phoenix: 
    • Raise the Roof March Angel ORIGINAL SHOP MODEL of an OOP chart!!! Donated by Theresa Vennett: 
    • Raise the Roof April Angel ORIGINAL SHOP MODEL of an OOP chart!! Donated by Theresa Vennett: 




Outside Links:

2 comments:

  1. I love that you put everything on your blog! I just love you in general! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It's not EVERYTHING... I skimped some this week. But mahalo! <3

      Delete