Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Flosstube #66 Show Notes

Happy Tuesday, July 17! I'm full on now. Whew!

Best New Thing: 
  • They're not new at all, but they're my grandma's crewel embroidery:
My mug: 
  • Michigan (it was the first grabbable one on the shelf this morning) click on the pic if you need one (it's my Amazon Associates link, full disclosure)


FFOs: (nothing YET!)

Finishes (none this week)
  • Bent Creek, Starry Starry Night. I purchased this on eBay already partially stitched:
And I finished it this week: 

I'll be taking it to Acorns & Threads for the August Meetup so that JoLyn can soft finish everything for me, yay! Here's a link to the video where I introduce JoLyn: 
  • Maryse de Grilles Haunted House Freebie: (click on the pic for a link to the freebie)
Here's my finish: 

I'll finish this on a little box that was given to us at the Midwest Retreat in 2017 expressly to finish this piece. <3 

  • Stacey Nash Primitives, Martha Agnes Sampler Roll Pocket: (click the pic to purchase from StacyNash on Etsy): 
The pocket is the winged chicken. Here's mine:

This will also go to Acorns & Threads for soft finishing once I finish the sampler portion.


WIPs (Works in Progress)
  • Martha Agnes Sampler Roll from Stacey Nash Primitives: 

Here is what mine looked like last time: 

And here is what it looks like now: 

I'm stitching mine on 18 count Long Coffee from xJuDesign on Etsy with some of the called for colors. 
I'm SOCLOSE to being done!! Just waiting on a bit more Kalamata and the Sampler Roll will be done!


I'm stitching mine with all of the called for DMC on a piece of fabric dyed for me (like a YEAR ago!) by the lovely Andrea Stitches in CO. And here is my progress: 

I'm stitching this with my Ball Point Needles from Polka Dot Stitchery on eBay and I'm obsessed with them and I'll never buy anything else ever again. (except when I'm beading) Click on the pictures to go to her Facebook group: 


And here is the one I stitched last year: 

I Priscilla'd it to finish. It's still available to click on the picture to purchase! 

Thrifting: 

  • At Garage sale #1 I found a creepy cool metal flower frog, an old seive, and an antique wooden spool! 

  • And at an Estate Sale: I picked up a cool old iron (HEAVY!!) and a save the stitches from 1980: 


Purchases: 
  • Dyeing 2 Stitch Colonial Gathering's Club, it's Bringing Home the Tree from The Scarlett House: 
Click on the picture for al link directly to the Dyeing2Stitch clubs page. and Click HERE to see the club kits that are available to purchase. 


Happy Mail/Gifts: 
  • Border chart for my Country Stitchers' Round Robin!! 
As you can see, I'm NOT going with icy blues and greys, lol. The greys and taupes and pinks just called to me! 
  • Happy mail from Leann: 
  • Eeyore needleminder from Melanie: 
Because sad is happy for deep people: 


  • Donations for the Alzheimer's Live Sale from Carrie! GET EXCITED
That's right. It's ALL of the WORDPLAY months!!!! 
  • Donations from Pat for the Alzheimer's Sale: 
And another bauble! 

Books: 

  • Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson: (click on the picture for a link to the Goodreads page)
I give this book 394 stars out of 5. Go buy it. Now. And watch out for Drop Bears, amirite Michelle


Instagram Auction Items!!

  • Auction will take place today through Tuesday, July 24 at 0600 PST on @michellebendy on Instagram. Here's an amazing diagram describing how to bid: 
Under the picture of the item that you'd like to purchase, you put your bid in $1 increments AND you tag the person who bid above you. Only the person who bid DIRECTLY above you!
  • Mama Joan bag, the Purple Flower Esprit Maison: (click on the pic to purchase from Mama Joan)



  • BONUS!!! Clay by Kim "Fruitfly" needleminders, set of 4: 


Outside Links:

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm getting a lot of them now, super excited. Thanks for starting it off.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your show notes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete