Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Last Finish for January!

So, I actually finished this yesterday, but I was holding off to see if I could squeak out a finish of Mademoiselle Rose from Jardin Prive tonight. Alas....


She's super close though. So expect a post tomorrow with a finish for her!

No, the finish I'm talking about is the Lizzie Kate exclusive design that we received at the Acorns & Threads 2018 Acorn Gathering on Sunday, January 28. It was SUCH a great day!! There were 30 women there to stitch, plus all four of the lovely ladies who keep Acorns & Threads running. 





Lizzie Kate designed the piece, Jeanine (the owner of A&T) stitched the model and chose the colors, and JoLyn did the soft finish for the hanger. Here's a few pictures of the progression:
 The colors in this kit are:

  • WDW Guacamole
  • WDW Bright Leaf
  • WDW Molasses
  • WDW Sweet Potato
  • GA Cinnamon
  • GA Pumpkin Pie
  • GA Black Crow
  • GA Butternut Squash
  • GA Burlap
  • CC English Ivy
  • CC Hayride


Isn't the the perfect autumn pallet?



This is where I ended the day on Sunday. I did all of this stitching during the stitch in at the shop; we were there from 11am until 5pm. After a two hour drive home from Portland, I didn't stitch any more on Sunday. Wimpy; I know.



I thought for sure I would finish this on Monday. However. Life.

Rose and I are taking a Family Clay class and that was tons of fun and took precedence over stitching on Monday night. Still, good progress for one day. 

If you're comparing my piece to the model above, you'll notice that I changed the words...

dramatically.

 I wanted to really celebrate my first Acorn Gathering with a piece that shouted out its origins, so I went through all of my Lizzie Kate (and I do mean all) charts and "harvested" the letters for "acorn gathering 2018". 








Everything about this piece and the Acorn Gathering was a blast!! Next year I'll be in the know and bring my own chair; rookie mistake. 

If you're ever in the greater Portland area, definitely stop in at Acorns & Threads. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and helpful you won't even notice how many new things you're leaving with!! ;-) 

Cross your fingers for a February 1 finish of Mademoiselle Rose! Until then, keep sprinkling the stitchy kindness. <3

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your finish. I love the changes you made to the original design .

    ReplyDelete