Friday, January 19, 2018

What I do when I can't start YoW pieces.....

You guessed it, I start things!!!

I had my Flosstube live sale on Monday (with TONS of help from my loves, Helga and McKenna) and it was EXCITING! And it was exhausting! But so much fun. So when you're exhausted, what do you do? Start a new thing!

I've been holding on to Mademoiselle Rose by Jardin Prive for longer than I care to assess. It was a gift from the lovely Anne P.

 I've been thinking a lot about using my Fancy Floss rather than hoarding it, so I went ahead and kitted Mme Rose up in mostly all fancy flosses: 

Here are my conversions: 
  • DMC 224 = Colour & Cotton Chiffon
  • DMC 152 = Gentle Arts Tea Rose
  • DMC 223 = Weeks Dye Works Romance
  • DMC 221 = Weeks Dye Works Baked Apple
  • DMC 3021 = Ship's Manor Ancient (this is the gold on the left, picked to match my Rose's hair)
  • DMC 733 = Gentle Arts Tropical Ocean (much more teal than the called for)
  • DMC 732 = Weeks Dye Works Kentucky Bluegrass (again, much more teal than the called for)
  • DMC 640 = Colour & Cotton Heath (still considering changing this)

I used the called for DMC 3774 for the skin and changed the eyes to DMC 732 because my Rose has hazel eyes. I'm stitching this 1/1 on 32 count natural linen and I'm in LOVE: 

There was some discussion over stitching her shoes in Petite Treasure Braid and calling her McKenna. We shall see.

And today my dear friend Angel is celebrating her birthday! So we HAD to have a start!! We chose Brooke's Books Alice: 

And it's safe to say we were both SHOCKED by the sheer number of flosses in this piece. Here is a partial floss toss: 

To be fair, that is MOST of the flosses, but DANG! Brooke Nolan is a genius when it comes to color so I'm going to trust her, grit my teeth, and change colors often. I mean, Blanc and B5200? Really? 

Since I've gotten rid of two of my Year of WIPs pieces, I'm going to add these ones in to substitute. Mostly because I can actually FINISH them! 

Thanks for coming back y'all! See you again soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice progress on your new start and that's a lot of colors but I've seen Alice stitched up and it will look great. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on Mademoiselle! Have to add her to my wish list :)

    Can't wait to see your progress on Alice...happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete