Thursday, January 4, 2018

Happy First Thursday!

Happy New Year y'all!! 2018 is looking chilly but awesome so far this year. No complaints here. Except the Outback Bowl. But University of Michigan (GO BLUE!) is notoriously terrible in bowls... so moving on!

Today was the first Thursday of the month so you (may or may not) know what that means!! Pacific Northwest Stitchers' meetup at Acorn & Threads in Portland! There's a Pacific Northwest Stitchers' Facebook group and every month we get together at our LNS, Acorns & Threads, for some stitching and chatting.

I was extra excited this week because I knew that Jeanine would have the flosses picked out for her conversion of the By the Bay Harbor Haven SAL:

And I was totally going to skip it, because it's HUGE, but then at the December meetup Jeanine showed me the fabric and colors that she wanted to use for the water: 


And, like the responsible stitcher with way too many projects already on the go that I am, I promptly asked her to order it for me! 

Jeanine did her conversion in silks, which were luscious but a tad over my budget. So I converted her silk conversion to fancy floss today and came away with a combination of Threadworx, Classic Colorworks, Gentle Arts, and Weeks Dye Works: 

Plus those Dinky Dyes silks (on the far left) that started it all! The only thing I'm missing is fabric and a color for the flowers on the tree. I may dye my own, as you know I like to do, rather than wait for the WDW Sea Foam. We shall see. 

Last week I took about four projects and worked on something else entirely so this week I just took my Tattoo SAL, BeInkSpired: 

I flippin love it.

Here's a pic of some of the ladies who made it today: 

I think there were nine of us all together! It was a great stitch in. 

And here's a picture of my Gram and I, because it's my blog and I miss her a lot: 

She never was overly impressed with technology..... This is GG (Great Grandma) Rose, the one we named our Rose Puakea after. <3 

See you guys soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love the threads you've chose for Harbor Haven!
    Be Inspired is in my to-do list; you're making great progress on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful project, and those silks...❤️❤️❤️ It's so nice that Rose has connection you your Gram. My eldest was named after my grandad.

    ReplyDelete