Saturday, December 30, 2017

.000 on Friday and #OffTheGridFridayParty on Saturday

Okay, so that "I'm going to blog on all the days that I don't Flosstube" thing is out the window. It's okay. Grand plans and all that (did you note my subtitle?) It actually hasn't been too bad, I uploaded a co-Flosstube with Ginger Gerald on Thursday:

We talked through the Year in Review Tag that I found on Tricia the Left Handed Stitcher's Blog. She has been so kind as to make a blog post with a bunch of Flosstube Tags; check it out. So it's legit that there was no blog post that day. 

Yesterday, Friday, I worked all day. If I were a baseball player, it would have been an .000 day. I tried to admit two patients in the same facility to hospice; that didn't work out. 0/2 to start the day. Then I tried to admit a home patient but they'd like to wait till Tuesday. 0/3 now. And then my last possible admit was too tired, so I'll be seeing them today. 0/4. Some days you admit everyone and some days you admit no one. I'm not mad. 

Once I got home, I spent some time on BeInkspired by Emma Congdon: 

I'm completely in love with this piece. Drew from Weasley Studios issued me a challenge because I was REALLY falling behind on this SAL. He stitched all of the black outlines first and now he's just filling in the colors, which is way faster than the way I'm doing it (smart!!). So I've been working on this non-stop since Tuesday and I'm making good progress. 

Then last night I decided I need to kit up my New Year/New Start for January 1: Halloween Quaker by Lila's Studio. I dyed matching fabric for Heather (The Imperfectly Perfect Stitcher) and I and I'm kitting it up from stash. Here is the fabric and my overdyed stash floss conversion: 

I'll supplement that with DMC 310, which is called for, and probably DMC 3799 and DMC 3771 because it needs a greyish-black and a brownish-black. It's possible I'll break down and buy overdyeds but I don't want to. (Cue YOU to dissuade me!!)

This morning I stitched with Latisha, Caroline, and Gerald, a few of my faves: 

And I made excellent progress and, more than that, filled my cup with friends. It makes me feel like I'm just having a conversation with my stitchy homies. And during Latisha's video I did a skin conversion on one of the hands in my piece, subbing 436 and 869 because Latisha once told us that 436 is her base color and I loved it: 

I cannot stop working on this. Figuratively. Because now I literally have to stop. Because I have to go to work. I have two scheduled admits today so wish me luck! 2/2 would be a great Saturday! 

I'll "see" you tomorrow for #OffTheGridSundayBrunch.

1 comment:

  1. Love the ships manor floss for your new start. Be inkspired is looking so good

    ReplyDelete