Thursday, December 21, 2017

It begins....

So, I flosstube; how much harder can blogging be? Except it's in writing. So I can edit. And edit again. And edit some more... ad infinitum.

But let's not talk about how long I spent editing this. I haven't actually done that yet, as I'm still writing; but we know time is wibbly wobbly like that, no?

That's my segue!!  Today I stitched on Toasty TARDIS (named by Kelli Anne of the Dyed Panda and myself) from Pixel Power. There has been a Doctor Who marathon on BBC this week--all the good episodes, the Moffatt Episodes--so I'm pumped for a Doctor piece. And the Christmas special (can you not wait?!?!)

Here's approximately what it will look like finished:



I thought maybe Toasty TARDIS was a Maynia start this year and that could explain my appalling lack of time spent on it, but no. I started it on June 25, 2017. The Maynia was over.

Here's that appalling start:


Yeah, that's not even 100 stitches. I was in my pink period when I started this, so it's on a really pretty dusty rose colored Aida, likely 16 count, I'm not getting out a ruler, that Sam (Insta: @mindmyneedle) sent me all the way from New Zealand! (she's bangin)

On a somewhat related note, it was 34 degrees F here today. I spent all day stitching. I'm not proud. Or tired. (Arlo Guthrie anyone? Alice's Restaurant? PLEASE! SOMEONE!!) So I put in way more than 100 stitches today.

Here's way more than 100 stitches:


That's a good day. TARDIS needleminder is by Jen of Delicious Threads (wait for it; a theme will develop) and Ten needleminder was a gift... (I forgot from whom because I'm a bit of a bad person that way; I was hit in the head with a golf club when I was 9 ACCIDENTALLY!! and I blame literally everything on that. I'll totally blog about it later, probably a couple of times because I'll have forgotten about the first few.)

I'm all about doing 1/2 to 1/3 of the work for full results, so this WIP is going to count for Year of Wips in the Facebook group Soulful Stitching, along with the Quarterly Winter SAL in Full Coverage Fanatics on Facebook, and the Winter SAL on Cross Stitch Finish Line. Excellent.

If you read all the way to the bottom, thank you! If you scrolled through the pictures and read the last line, thank you! (you basically got the same information).

For those of you interested, tonight's book is:


But I'm reading it on the Kindle. It doesn't make for as bloggable a photo. She improvises.

See y'all.. when I see you!

12 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere. Toasty tardis looks confetti-tastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing! And Toasty TARDIS isn't HAED confetti-tastic, but it's pretty great!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the bloggersphere! The TARDIS is awesome and you've done so much. Adding you to my blog reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry!! I'm super happy with TARDIS so far. And I need to figure out hwo to add people to the blog reader!

      Delete
    2. Which Reader are you using? If it's the built-in one on your Dashboard then it automatically adds people that you "Follow".
      If it's Bloglovin or Feedly then you need to add each blog's URL to the Reader.
      Personally I like Feedly.

      Delete
    3. I'm going to look at Feedly! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to say hi over here on your new blog adventure. Wondering, of course, how you manage to do everything that you do...all the stitching, all the reading, all the mama-time, thrifting-time, friendship-time...all of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arlene! And I'm wondering the same thing! lol The first blog post was pretty fast and I think as long as I don't pressure myself to do a blog EVERY DAY I should be okay. Maybe I'll blog on days that I don't Flosstube? We'll see. =D

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new adventure. I am encouraged by your ability to balance so much. Love that The Tardis is starting to come together. I have read The Martian on kindle and as an audio book. It is an entertaining read especially on audio. Also there is a new book out recently so I am looking forward to reading that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania!! We'll see how much I balance, lol. I'll have to look for Weir's new book after I finish The Martian. thank you for that.

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the Blogosphere! Hope you enjoy it.
    One thing I would mention is that people rarely come back to read the replies to comments. Unlike FlossTube you don't get a notification and if you tick the Notify Me box then you get emails for EVERY single comment!
    So most bloggers reply via email.

    Looking forward to seeing the Tardis grow, is the design bigger on the inside? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! Good tip there! I'll get the hang of this eventually. First thing to do is figure out how to email the response, lol.

      The design is bigger on the inside; of course!

      Delete