Sunday, January 7, 2018

WIPocalypse 2018: It Begins!!

Okay y'all. I've been teasing it for a while and here is the first OFFICIAL post!! It's WIPocalypse and our first post centers around: 

"January 7 – Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!"

So, here we go....

I'm a mom, a wife, a stitcher, and a hospice nurse. I started making Flosstube videos around May of 2017 and I love it! My family and I moved from Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii to Eugene, Oregon in March of 2016 and I'm still freezing. I'm a total joiner, the FOMO is real with me (right Kerry?), but not much of a completer. And I'm totally cool with that. This is probably why I have 23 WIPs in WIPocalypse.

SEGUE!!

1. Quotes to Live by SAL by Stitchrovia: my goal is to finish this completely: 

2. Whacky Witches in Stitches by Cloudsfactory: this is another one I'd like to completely finish:



3. Travel Through Europe SAL by DMC: going for another total finish here: 

4. Golden Gate Avenue, a Janlynn Kit: again, I'd like to finish this whole thing:
5. Halloween Luck by Glendon Place: this is one of the more attainable total finishes: 



6. Alice Under the Dreaming Tree from HAED: I'd like to totally... just KIDDING! Four pages would make me happy here (I have two already complete): 

7. Toasty TARDIS by Pixel Power: (this chart is no longer available) I can definitely finish this:



8. BeInkSpired by Stitchrovia: this will likely be my first WIPocalypse finish of 2018: 


9. Skeleton Crew by Cricket Collection: I very much doubt I'll finish this one, but it would be great:



10. Plague Doctor by Buzzbee Designs on Etsy: If I can finish the page I'm working currently, I can finish the entire thing:

11. Alice in Wonderland by DoNaStitch: I was going to say 4 pages here as well, but let's just go for a finish!



12. Lady of the Flag by Mirabilia, Sue: I'd like to finish Sue by next February: 


13. Lady of the Flag by Mirabilia, Moe: I'd like to finish Moe by next February too:



14. Halloween Quaker by Lila's Studio: I MUST finish this by Halloween:



15. Class Schedule SAL by Armada Designs: I may or may not kick this one off of my WIPocalypse line up. If I don't, I'm going for a total finish:

16. Skeleton Mosaic by Works by ABC: I love this and I'm finishing it completely:

17. Scary Mouse by Brenda Gervais: this is my smallest WIPocalypse project; I need to finish it:

18. Christmas SAL by TinyModernist: I want this finished and FFO'd in time for Christmas 2018: 

19. Wee Dance by Heart in Hand: oh wait, THIS is my smallest WIPocalypse project!! Total finish:

20. Brocade Boulevard by StoneStreetStitchworks on Etsy: I'd like to (are you sensing a theme here?) completely finish this one:

21. The Phantom Menace by FanGirlStitches on Etsy: This is going to take a deceptively long time to completely finish; ALL the color changes!

22. Bee Study by Kathy Barrick: I have to prioritize this one because I've promised the chart to a friend, and that needs to happen within a year:

23. Bird Study by Kathy Barrick: I've been meaning to start this for at LEAST six months, so I want a total finish this year:

And that's it!! Because that's PLENTY!! I just realized that I need to finish two of these every month!! 0_0 Weeeeelllll..... let's just have fun getting there, right? 

Thanks for scrolling through all of that and for putting up with my formatting challenges! \m/

3 comments:

  1. It's real!! the FOMO is real. You have a great selection there, so much variety.

    My wipocalypse blog post is up at https://ramblingsofabiscornuaddict.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an ambitious list! You’ve got plenty of gorgeous projects to keep you busy though, that’s a good thing. FOMO is a state of mind, it’s very rarely for real though (miss retreat registration or whatever). Just work your WIPs and you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to watch you totally rock this! As much and as fast as you stitch, I'd say you can DO.IT.ALL! (Also, would like to comment that I enjoyed your FB slide show although in like 35% of the photos, your DH is fully visible and then just the top quarter of your head. Being vertically challenged as well, I totally can relate.)

    ReplyDelete