Thursday, February 1, 2018

First February Finish!

So, Mademoiselle Rose from jardin Prive was thisclose to being done last night. See yesterday's blog.

It would have been a crime for me to not finish her today! Luckily I don't need any bail money because she's done!

I think she turned out amazingly well. You may or may not notice that I left off the border and the bottom row under her feet. The reason for this was two-fold. 1) I didn't want to stitch them, so I didn't. And, more importantly, 2) I have never "centered" a piece worse on any fabric ever. 


I have easily three inches and change on the top and just over an inch on the bottom. I have no idea what happened. I've been stitching for two decades. Are you laughing? because I am.

Another way that I made this piece mine is my color conversion. There has been a lot of talk on my Flosstube channel regarding using our fancy flosses rather than hoarding them. Here was a perfect opportunity for me! Here's a picture of my fancy floss conversion:


The conversion is as follows: 
  • DMC 224 -- Colour & Cotton Chiffon
  • DMC 152 -- Gentle Arts Tea Rose
  • DMC 223 -- Weeks Dye Works Romanc
  • DMC 221 -- Weeks Dye Works Baked Apple
  • DMC 3021 -- Ship's Manor Ancient (to match my daughter's hair)
  •                    -- Colour & Cotton Hearth (for the shoes)
  • DMC 733 -- Gentle Arts Tropical Ocean
  • DMC 732 -- Weeks Dye Works Kentucky Bluegrass
I used the called for DMC 3774 for the skin, DMC 754 for the cheeks, and B5200 instead of BLANC for the motifs on the skirt. 

She was a joy to stitch and I'm passing the stash to Leslie Hurley, so go check her Flosstube Channel to see it stitched again!


2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun piece. I saw Minnie's conversion on FlossTube this morning.

    You are a "no-reply" commenter but if you reply by email to this comment I can save your email address for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish and what a fabulous way to use your fancy flosses. I hope your Rose likes it too.

    ReplyDelete