Wednesday, February 28, 2018

WIPocalypse February Update

I feel like I just made a "is it REALLY the end of January already" post. And here I am making a "holy crap, it's the last day of Feburary" post! But I'm not nearly as freaked out as I was in January, mostly because I know what I worked on in February and I'm a huge fan of my WIPocalypse progress.

I worked on Stitchrovia's Quotes to Live By. A lot. And it was amazing. Here's where it was at the beginning of February:

I had stitched the top title tile and most of the January release. 

Here's where it is now: 

I finished the releases for January, February, March, and April and I've started on May. I'm totally loving it. I did rotate off of it for a while to start Chang Er for Chinese New Year and to finish a few smalls, but I came right back to it and I finished the month on Quotes.

I also had a WIPocalypse finish in Febuary!! 

I stitched on and finished and FFO'd Wee Dance from Heart In Hand. Here's where it was when I started working on it: 

I bought this kit from eBay and it was already stitched this far. I was able to put in three good days this month and I finished it completely: 

I did change the skin color from DMC 3774 to DMC 869 and I absolutely love how it came out. I was able to find a perfect square frame at the thrift store and I FFO'd it the day after I finished it: 

And the lovely Mel always gives us a WIPocalypse prompt to discuss. This month's question was: 

Gadgets! Show us your favourite stitching gadgets! and how did you do with Olympic Stitching and what goals did you achieve? 

First of all, gadgets. I use all the gadgets. Here is a picture of my normal set-up:
  1. My Ort catcher. This is a foldable fabric ort catcher and it goes everywhere with me. 
  2. Scissors/scissor fob/safety nub. This is my only pair of embroidery scissors, courtesy of the goodie bag from the 2017 Midwest Cross Stitchers' Retreat in Minnesota, along with my favourite scissor fob from my girl Diana, itiskismet stitches on Flosstube; and with a safety nub to protect me from stabbing myself with the scissors
  3. My qSnap. This one is 8"x8" and I think it's my preferred size for most projects. The qSnap cover is from a friend to whom I gifted a Mira. I also have an 11"x17" for my larger projects and a 6"x6" for tiny projects. 
  4. My needleminder! This one is from Capricious Arts (who is a beautiful embroidery artist who sends magnets with her orders), but I have them from EVERYONE as I simply cannot live without them. 
  5. My project bag! I looooooove project bags!! Again, I have one from just about everyone. this one is Made by Mama Joan and it was another part of the goodie bag from the Midwest Cross Stitchers' retreat. I love the clear plastic front so I can see which project I have in it. 
Secondly, I did participate in the Olympics Challenge. I did the marathon event and I was mostly successful. My goal was to get as much progress as possible on my Quotes to Live By piece (above) and I definitely did that. I think I could be done with it in three more solid weeks of stitching.

Thanks for reading! See you soon-ish. \m/

5 comments:

  1. I have two other friends doing the Quotes, one started off well last year and then petered out, the other started it this year and just finished the first month. You made great progress, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marathon event made you a bit monogamous last February. Hahaha... Beautiful progress on Quotes. It's as if your needles kept on stitching while you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same about the "wow where in the H-E-Double hockey sticks did february go!?!? Hope you didn't blink, oops ya did, now its gone!! As I have stated before I am in love with your progress on Quotes. I will get there someday! LOL. You know your monogamous stitching made for a pretty easy post. Mine took over an hour to get put together!!!! Happy Stitching my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching! Your little dancer turned out super cute, and amazing progress on Quotes! Next time I'm going for the monogamous challenge too... you rocked it! The year is passing way too fast, I agree.

    ReplyDelete