Saturday, March 2, 2019

Flosstube #99 Show Notes

Happy Saturady!!! It's March!! and it's my birthday month!!

I'm pretty bummed that I'm not at Market... but that leads me right into my best new thing!



Best New Thing: 
  • SO MANY PEOPLE ARE AT MARKET!!!! 
  • Would you LOOK at this Instagram feed?!?! LOOK!
  • And there are AMAZING Flosstube videos up already, not least of which are provided by Gary Parr of FiberTalk Fame!!
    • Check out his Kathy Barrick preview!

    • AND with Karen Kluba of Rosewood Manor!! 

So we can be there without BEING there! Thank you SO much to everyone who is posting.

FFO
  • None this week, but I should, SHOULD, have one next week! 

Finishes: 
  • Are you ready for this?! Wacky Witches in Stitches is DONE!!

I made that picture EXTRA LARGE because I EXTRA love this. I only made a few changes, mostly to the witches' skin tones to diversify the piece a bit. I also used DMC e940 glow in the dark white in place of B5200 and used Gentle Arts Blackboard in place of DMC 310.

I'm SO proud of myself!!! 


WIPs (Works in Progress): 
The big finish on Wacky Witches left me with only two WIPs this week:

  • My first WIP for this week was Barbara Ana's I Give You My Heart: 
Here is where I was last time:

And here I am now: 

It didn't get a whole lot of love due to Snowpocalypse, but I did decide on a name for her: Rose Weasley. She's a FLAMING gorgeous redhead and (get ready for controversy...) I ship Hermione as a POC. So, CLEARLY, Rose Weasley will be a POC redhead!!! I'm stitching her in DMC 436 and I LEGIT cannot wait. 
  1. I love this project
  2. Use code BENDY10 at https://www.loveyoumorestudios.com/ to get 10% off of a sleeve
  3. The needleminder is from MadForMinders on Etsy
  4. I copied Abby TopKnot Stitcher's idea of turning a beautiful postcard into a threadkeep.
Or, as I affectionately call them, Josephine and Humphrey. Here is where I was last week:

And here is some more AMAZING progress for this week: 


I totally hit my February goal of a page 2 page finish even though I missed one day of stitching on her. So I'm out for the OFFICIAL Full Coverage Fanatics 90 Day Challenge, but I'm going to keep going on #TheYearofJosephine, because really, what is ONE missed day!?

  • Last but not least, I've picked up Alice in Wonderland from XStitchEu on Etsy (click here to shop)

Here is where I am with it: 


This project has ALL of the blended threads and ALL of the half vs full crosses and THAT is what is gong to make it AMAZING.

I'm stitching it on 16 ct Aida that I dyed with Navy Rit. I love, love, LOVE this chart. I love it so much that when Hanna contacted me for a review of one of her charts last month (review and chart are coming!) I asked her if I could rep for her!! 

And I CAN!! Use code BENDY10 at Hanna's Etsy store, XStitchEu, for 10% off everything





Thrifting:
  • We hit an estate sale last weekend! It was almost completely bought out, but I did score two vintage (1975!) Crewel kits for Michelle, Romantic Tangle: 

  • And I also scored a really cool 1941 Childrens' Dictionary:


Purchases: Just a few....

This is currently sold out on 1884 Stitchery but keep an eye on the site and especially on McKenna's @1884stitchery Instagram (set your post notifications!) to know when they come back in stock. 



Flosstube Shoutouts: 
  • Hillary, Rustic Threads: she's on Flosstube #2. She maaaaay be in California, but I'm STILL not totally sure. She's stitching the CCN Houses of the Month AND dyeing her own GORGEOUS flosses. I can't wait to see more. 


Books:


    I chose this book to fulfill the February Reading Extra Credit in the School of Magical Stitches & Literature group on Facebook of "Read a book with an elf in it"

    I didn't finish the book until March 1, so it didn't count for the February Magical Stitches Extra Credit, but it did count for the yearly reading challenge. So, win.

    I really enjoyed it. Gave it 3.5/5 stars. I liked the story, despite how derivative it is of Tolkein (you just can't help that). I was a little annoyed that every time a dangerous creature opened its mouth "it's jaw split to expose a gaping maw filled with [sharp teeth]". Mr Brooks could have used a thesaurus for that phrase. 


    Instagram Auction Items!!
    • Auction will take place soon through Saturday, March 9 at 6am PST on @michellebendy on Instagram. Here's an amazing diagram describing how to bid: 
    Under the picture of the item that you'd like to purchase, you put your bid in $1 increments AND you tag the person who bid above you. Only the person who bid DIRECTLY above you!

    There are more detailed pictures on my Instagram, but for now, here's a peek at this week's items:
    • First up is another needleminder from House of Meng on Instagram, this week it's Wonder Woman!! 

    • Second we have a full EXCLUSIVE Dyeing to Stitch retreat kit called The Celebrate Collection by The Purple Thread: 

    • Third is an exclusive set of Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe flosses, the Bewitching Spells set: 

    • Next we have a set of three Nora Corbett charts that I've NEVER seen before: The Silver Dragonfly, Butterflies of Gold, and Butterflies of the Meadow: 

    • Last but not least is full brand new, unopened Bothy Threads Gorjuss Kit called New Heights: 



    Outside Links:


    I know I trick you guys into coming here now, but I hope you enjoy. I love having this format to look back on my progress as well! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment