Friday, March 15, 2019

Fraktur Bird Finish

I had a fantastic little finish this week: Fraktur Bird by Shakespeare's Peddler.



I purchased this as a kit from Jen's Stitching Niche on Etsy and ended up subbing out all of the colors for my own overdyed flosses anyway, SO ME!

I started this one on December 22, 2018 as part of Startpocalypse 2018 and I finished it on March 13, 2019.

Mine is stitched on what I think is 28 count natural linen. I'll list my color conversion below. Here's my finish:


I'm hoping the FFO will fit on a trivet and I'll find a way to use the tiny spool that came with it. It's going to be my offering for the Stitch and Give at the Arizona Stitchnanigans Retreat. IF I can part with it!!! 

Here is my conversion: 



DMC 310 => C&C "Thank You" floss from an order
WDW Onyx => same
WDW Red Tile => CC Fallen Leaves
WDW Olive Oil => WDW Olive
WDW Seaweed => GA Wood Trail
WDW Mill => CC Ginger Snap
WDW Prune => CC Plum Paisley

WDW = Weeks Dye Works
C&C = Colour & Cotton
GA = Gentle Arts
CC = Classic Colorworks

I also changed the year from 1892 to 2019. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Fraktur Bird turned out fabulous. Thank you for sharing your color changes! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete