Saturday, March 9, 2019

Flosstube #100 Show Notes

Happy Saturday!!! It's my Birthday Weekend!!

And happy birthday to Sarah Elliott from Stitchologie, her birthday is TODAY!!


Best New Thing: 
  • First, BEST GIFT EVER!!!! It's a Han Solo frozen in Carbonite YOGA MAT!!!! Aimee, I love you. 

There is LITERALLY nothing else to say. 

  • Then!! Because I'm a Patreon Sponsor of XStitch Magazine (and you can be too: here!!), I get 1/2 page in every issue to do with what I choose. Well, in Issue 7 I chose to put in a DESIGN!! My own DESIGN!!! It's small. But I think it's so pretty. Here is what the cover of the current issue looks like: You can click on it to subscribe. ;-)


FFO
  • None this week, but I should, SHOULD, have one next week! 

Finishes: (none this week)


WIPs (Works in Progress): 
  • My first WIP for this week was Barbara Ana's I Give You My Heart: 
Here is where I was last time:

And here I am now: 

I started her skin with DMC 436, yaaaaayyy!!! and I'm almost completely done with the pink, which is Gentle Arts Highland Heather, yaaayyy!! Those are my only two conversions. The rest will be stitched in the called-for DMC.
Or, as I affectionately call them, Josephine and Humphrey. Here is where I was last week:



And here is some more not so bad progress for this week: 

In the last three days I've put in about 16 stitches because I've been focusing so hard on Alice. 

  • Last but not least, I've picked up Alice in Wonderland from XStitchEu on Etsy (click here to shop)

Here is where I was last week: 



And here is where I am now:



That's great progress for one week! I was able to complete all three homework assignments this week for the School of Magical Stitches & Literature on Facebook using Alice. There's still a lot more to do, but I don't want to put her down!



Thrifting: (none this week)


Purchases: Just a few....
  • The Suzette Bitzy Bob from Kelly Stodola of That's So Kelly Co on Etsy, love. It. Click on the picture to purchase.

  • Quaker Gone Haunted from Michelle Ink Needlework Designs. I got mine from Trisha at Three Owl Threads, so click the picture to get it from Trisha: (it will be posted soon! Keep checking back)

  • The Very Stuff: Poems on color, thread, and the habits of women by Stephen Beal. I love this book. Arlene Cohen sent me a Valentine card with his Mr. Beal's poem "817" in it and I HAD to buy the book: (click the image to find it on my Amazon affiliate page)

  • I got Hands Across the Sea Sarah Daws from Theresa Kitten Stitcher! Click the picture to head to her website to shop: 


  • Last but not least, I got an antique textile from eBay. I have no idea on the provenance or even what kind of textile it is, but I love it!



Flosstube Shoutouts: 
  • Scott, Eclectic Reads. He was a Booktuber first, but he's make a fantastic transition to Flosstube. Scott says, "I'm at a point in my 40s where I just don't give a shit anymore [what people think of me being a stitcher]". I'm here for it. 



  • Courtney, NM Stitching Demon. Courtney and I probably couldn't be MORE different when it comes to world view. BUT! We couldn't be more THE SAME when it comes to the more important view, WHO CARES ABOUT THAT?! She's all about inclusivity and you KNOW that makes us friends. 

  • Christi, Java Girl Stitches. Where have I BEEN!?!? EVERYONE has shouted Christi out and duh, it's because she's amazing. Her FFOs. O. M. G. 

  • Last but not least, Amy & Memory, The Current Stitchuation. These two are the minds behind Barefoot Needleart designs!! They love the beach and each other (they are NOT sisters, lol). And I've reserved a beach blanket spot next to them for when they retire and stitch on the beach all day long. 




Books:
  • No books this week. Oh well. Probably next week! 

Instagram Auction Items!!
  • Auction will take place soon through Saturday, March 9 at 6am PST on @michellebendy on Instagram. Here's an amazing diagram describing how to bid: 
Under the picture of the item that you'd like to purchase, you put your bid in $1 increments AND you tag the person who bid above you. Only the person who bid DIRECTLY above you!

There are more detailed pictures on my Instagram, but for now, here's a peek at this week's items:
  • Another copy of the Monopoly chart has made its way into my hands!! and will soon make its way into one of your homes.  


  • This is a lot of SEVEN Nora Corbett Red Ladies. I've NEVER seen these before but they are SO PRETTY!


  • Third is a lot of fantastic fabrics. There's Lakeside, R&R, and Weeks Dye Works in various counts of fairly neutral colors:


  • Next we have a large set of Vicki Clayton silks!! I didn't count them but there are quite a few in all colors, some very variegated and some less variegated. They're gorgeous. 

  • Last but not least is full set of LHN Month charts! AND it includes fabric and floss for ALL OF THEM!!



Outside Links:


Finally, in honor of International Women's Day being this week, let's take this bit of Disney Princess advice and also teach it to our daughters and sons: 

1 comment:

  1. Michelle- I am sure you posted your journal book somewhere but searched etsy and haven't been able to locate. If you have time could you help a gal out.. been drooling over your organization and journal book for awhile... today's video sold me!

    ReplyDelete