Saturday, March 16, 2019

Flosstube #101 Show Notes

Happy Saturday again!! I had to film early today because I'm headed up to Acorns & Threads with Emmy!! YESSS!!!



Best New Thing: 
  • Emmy DESIGNS!!! And she designed us "On Sundays We Stitch". it's just the chart at this point so I'm going to give you a link to one of her videos: 

Go watch her, fall in love with her like I did. Enjoy. We'll post pics of the chart when it's done. 


FFO (SO MANY!!)
  • Wacky Witches in Stitches!! It's FRAMED!!! I got it done at Michael's and not only was the price VERY reasonable, it was done BEFORE the quoted time and it's beautifully stretched!!


  • Not only Wacky Witches, but Celestial Dragon is framed too!!! WHAT!? I finished this on March 10, 2017 and have been holding onto it, knowing that it deserves a professional framing AND that it was going to be crazy expensive. But I LOVE IT!!! I. Love. It. #proudestxsfinish



Finishes:
  • First, I finished my model stitch of MY OWN FIRST DESIGN!!! 

I love it so much. I'm going to put it into the little thrift store frame with some batting underneath to make it a bit puffy. There are no words. 



You can find this in the newest issue of XStitch Magazine, it's only a digital subscription so it won' take up any space! Here is what the cover of the current issue looks like: You can click on it to subscribe. ;-)

  • Then I finished Fraktur Bird by Shakespeare's Peddler. I love him. I forgot what I named him but I know he has a name, lolol. See this post for my conversion.

I. Love. This. It's going to be my small for the Stitch & Give at Stitchnanigans.... If I can handle parting with it!



WIPs (Works in Progress): 
  • My first WIP for this week was Barbara Ana's I Give You My Heart: 
Here is where I was last time:

And here I am now: 


I finished all of her DMC 436 skin, yaaaaayyy!!! and I'm almost completely done with the pink, which is Gentle Arts Highland Heather, yaaayyy!! Those are my only two conversions so far, but look for VMSS Headless Horseman for her hair. I love her. <3
Or, as I affectionately call them, Josephine and Humphrey. Here is where I was last week:



And once again, I've barely put ANY stitches into her this week: 

She's SO going to Acorns with me today. Josephine needs some love. 


Thrifting: SO much goodness!


Purchases: Just a few....
These FFO labels are EVERYTHING!! I already write on the back of my FFOs, but these will make it SO much nicer. I'll need TONS!

When Stephanie was introducing this chart in her pre-Nashville video and she totally cried. Check it out here and tell me if you don't cry too!! I did!

Last but not least, omg. Peacock Keeper. Or, if you're me, Dapper Turkey Keeper. I'm stitching this EXACTLY as called for. ZERO changes. Also, let us acknowledge that the Keeper is stitched in DMC 840. YES representation!! 

I also grabbed the new Primitive Hare Bee piece, Melissa: 
Can you NOT EVEN?!?! I cannot EVEN!! 
Her dress is charted in Gentle Arts, the bee skep is in Kreinik, the rest in DMC. I'll totally be changing her skin color. But DANG! She's beautiful.

Last but not least from Julie, I grabbed The Botany Bay Sampler by Fox & Rabbit Designs (aka Linen & Threads): 
This is a reproduction and the original is hanging in The National Museum of Australia. How COOL is that?!?! I can tell you, the chart is HIGH quality. Lots of close ups of the stitched areas to help us understand. 

  • Then I went thrifting.... 
I found a fantastic piece of 40 ct (ish) maroon linen and a really pretty candle dish/scissor frog. Stay tuned for these two because I have a special project coming up with them! =D

Then I found this cool old button box. I don't know that that's what it is, but that's what I'm calling it. The glass has already fallen out so I'm going to mount a cross stitch on the top and store little things in there. Love it! 



Flosstube Shoutouts: (none this week...)


Books: (I didn't talk about it on Flosstube, but here's a bonus!)
  • I finished listening to Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik. (click on the picture for a trip to Goodreads)

I loved this book. 4.5/5 stars!! It's so different from anything I've read before. I read it for the School of Magical Stitches and Literature prompt: read a book with a being with superpowers. In this book, there is an entire race of creatures called Staryk. They are ice people with incredible strength and the King of the Staryk has magic. Read it. It's SO worth it.


Instagram Auction Items!!
  • Auction will take place soon through Saturday, March 9 at 6am PST on @michellebendy on Instagram. Here's an amazing diagram describing how to bid: 
Under the picture of the item that you'd like to purchase, you put your bid in $1 increments AND you tag the person who bid above you. Only the person who bid DIRECTLY above you!

There are more detailed pictures on my Instagram, but for now, here's a peek at this week's items:
  • First up are two copies of Purple Martin Apiary, designed by Theresa of Shakespeare's Peddler and donated by Dr. Jen from Jen's Stitching Niche (yep, I'm totally calling her that from now on). I paired the first one with a SUPER pretty peach 18 ct Aida: 

  • The second one is paired with a gorgeous 28 count linen in blue and grey called Stormy Sky:


  • Next up is Mirabilia's August Peridot Fairy stitched by our very own Emily C, Eclectic Possessios:
    The stitching on this is GORGEOUS! and don't get me started on the BEADING!!! OMG.

  • Speaking of Emily C, our first bag this week is a LEGIT Momily Bag!!!  It's incredible. THe main fabric is a gorgeous mix of feathers, currants, and tea cups. LOVE. The lace trim is so dainty and beautiful and the inside fabric (not pictured) is a wonderful orange. Love. This.


  • And finally, it's our Christine Bag of the Month! This fabric is Venus from Tula Pink's De La Luna Line. If it weren't COMPLETELY against my morals (and my rules), I'd have someone bid on this for me, but it is, so this will go to one of YOU!!!



Outside Links:

Wait for it.... I'll put up a pic of the group at Acorns today!!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, it was good to see your show notes this morning. I have missed them. I have a curio box similar to your 'button box'. Good find! Love the round frame you found for your stitched design!

    ReplyDelete