Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Flosstube #70 Show Notes

Happy Flosstubesday!!! It's August 14, 2018 (WHAT!)

Best New Thing: 
  • Steotchalong 6 --or-- 6otchalong is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!! (click on the pic to join the FB group)
This is an EPIC event hosted by Steotch that is a TRUE mystery SAL. We have NO idea what it can be or what it will be or even what the real theme is till the VERY END. Sounds like a blast? Don't mind swearing? Join us!! 

Here is mine from last year:

FFOs: TWO!! Neither of which I finished! 

  • I traded use of my Quaker Garden (Blackbird Designs and out of print) for a finish from Terri, The Olde Needle Shop on Etsy. She finished my Pineberry Lane Fancy Blackett By the Light of the Moon: 



CAN YOU EVEN!?!?!?



Finishes: 
  • The first room in the TinyModernist Haunted Mansion SAL came out and it's SO KAWAII!!! It's Dracula and you can TOTALLY see a monster face in the fireplace. I love it. the next part hits on August 22, WHY SO LONG!??!!?

How CUTE is Dracula?!?! I. Love. Him. I'm stitching this in all of the called for DMCs on a piece of fabric that a friend dyed for me. 


WIPs (Works in Progress) SO MANY this week!! Thanks #ArbitraryAugust! 
  • August 7: October 31 from Kathy Barrick, a WIP gift from Darlene Baumgardner: 
Here is the before:



And here is my after: 


Not much progress on this one because it was Tuesday and I did all of the editing and filming and pricing of stuff for the Alzheimer's Sale, but I love it. It's stitched 1/2 on 40 count linen in the called for fancy flosses. 

  • August 8: I finished my room from TinyModernist and started Birds to the Boughs from Lindy Stitches: 

And here is my progress:


I'm stitching this in all of the called for DMCs on a mystery 20 count Aida WHICH I LOVE! The colors are too rich and amazing to change one bit. 


  • August 9: Pretty Little Hawaii from Satsuma Street: 

This is another new start, so there is no before picture, here it is:

This is on 28 count Auld Lang Sine from Joydiri Designs in all of the called for DMCs and IT SPARKLES.

  • August 10: Halloween Quaker from Lila's Studio: 
This was my first #ArbitraryAugust repeat and I was STOKED to see it come up again!:

And here it is now: 

I'm obsessed with this fabric. I dyed it for myself and Heather, the Imperfectly Perfect Stitcher, and it came out more wonderfully than I could have hoped. I also want a tattoo of this blue motif. <3 <3 
  • August 11: Eliza Bell Cox from Hands Across the Sea Samplers: 

Here is it is after one or two days of working on it before:

I put a LOT of time in on this yesterday, and here it is: 


This design is everything I thought it would be. And more. I'm using the special Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe flosses and fabric, which is a 46 count. I'm stitching 1/2. 

  • August 12: Alice Under the Dreaming Tree from HAED:
Here is what it looked like last time: 

And here it is now:

If this comes up one more time this month I may be able to finish page 3!! And it will come up at least once more when Kellianne and I do a stitch with me video. 
  • August 13: Lady of the Flag (Moe) from Mirabilia:
I had a LOT of work done on her prior to this week, about half of which was WRONG and needed to come out, so there's where I started:

And here's where I finished after all of the frogging:

If you're looking at that thinking, hmm, there is LESS now than there was, you would be correct. HOEVER. I. Love. It. AND!!! Per my TinyDecisions App spin, I get to work on her AGAIN TODAY!!! YAS!!

  • My bonus travel WIP this week is Here Lie My Needles from Shakespeare's Peddler: 
Here is what it looked like last week: 

And here is what it looks like now:

I'm TOTALLY obsessed with this piece, the dark colors are just making everything better. This will continue to be my travel WIP this month until it's finished. 


Thrifting: (none this week!) 0_0

Purchases: 
  • ONE purchase. ONE. WHO AM I!?!?! Parking threads and only having ONE purchase, WHO AM I!? I had to have this though: 


She's Rachel Howell  1856 from The Scarlett Letter and the only place I could find her was from Anita's Little Stitches. Shipping was CRAZY fast. Order minimum is $25 so I just grabbed some Christmas Red Valdani for the birds. Done. I HIGHLY recommend Antia's shop!


Happy Mail/Gifts: 
  • From Jeanne, three charts for YOU for the Alzheimer's Live Sale: 

  •  My ornaments from the Christmas in July ornament swap stitched by Robert from Robert's Palace of Stitches: 
HOW CUTE ARE THOSE!!!!???!
  • From Jill, a few charts for y'all for the Live Sale and THIS AMAZING BAG FOR ME!!! 



  • From Christine, Prairie Schooler Weather Wise!!! 
This was on my #stitchywishlist and #stitchingwishlist on Instagram and she sent it to me!! And I'm sending it to Heather, Linkismyhomeboy next. 

Flosstube Shoutouts: 

Books: (none this week)

Instagram Auction Items!!
  • Auction will take place today through Tuesday, July 24 at 0600 PST on @michellebendy on Instagram. Here's an amazing diagram describing how to bid: 
Under the picture of the item that you'd like to purchase, you put your bid in $1 increments AND you tag the person who bid above you. Only the person who bid DIRECTLY above you!

  • Here are the winners of last week's auctions: 
    • Plum Street Samplers Heritage Sampler kit, with all of the called for flosses and 32 count Olde Town Blend Linen from R&R, donated by Darleen B and won by Trish. 
      • Next up is The Jane Coates Sampler from The Essamplaire, full kit with 30 count linen and DMC, donated by Barbara and won by Bekah


      • Next is a FULL kit with finishing items of Basket of Red, White, and Blue by Shakespeare's Peddler, including the called for linen, flosses, button, and the Hobby Lobby drawer to finish it in. All donated by Theresa Vennett and won by Michele!

      • Finally, a FULL kit and finishing necessities from Nikki at Kanicki's Prims and Whims of her Winter Wonderland Belsnickle Santa design! You'll get a gorgeous piece of her Sepia Trees printed linen, all of the flosses you need, foam core for mounting, AND the wood slat mounting board that Nikki's husband makes, all won by Kirsten!

  • And the new auctions: These will end on Tuesday, August 14 at 0600 PST. This week's theme is FFOs and bags and all of the donations go to Rose's Walk!! 
    • First up is an FFO pillow of a grumpy cat. This was stitched and donated by Theresa Vennett, Kitten Stitcher, and it's filled with Walnuts, SO cool! 



    • Next is a Twisted Stitcher finish from Vonna, it's a flat of one of the LHN/CCN Frosty Forest patterns: 



    • Another Twisted Stitcher finish from Vonna, this time it's the one that broke the internet, her Snow Globe finish!!!




    • FINALLY! It's Vonna's featured piece from this Fall's Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine: HOW AMAZING!!!!




Outside Links:

Flosstubers Mentioned

And don't forget about the Alzheimer's Live Sale on my YouTube!! Mark your Calendars!!! And please, please, click on the picture to fill out a Google form to pre-register for the sale; this will help me a BUNCH!


2 comments:

  1. Great show notes, Michelle! You have a super variety of WIPs that you shared. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I worked on SO many this week with Arbitrary August! Expect more of the same next week. Have a great day.

      Delete